Ophir's new blog for a fresh start
MemberMay 28, 2020 at 12:40 pm
I have had a few posts on the previous “Progress logs” which I stopped updating.
Hopefully I will be more consistent in here.
After a few months of studying I have definitely improved but not as much as I wanted to and I’m definitely not living up to my potential.
I’ve realized my issues are mostly with my habits and lack of productivity and I hope this blog keeps me accountable.
Will describe my current starting point, my goals and my plans for the near future in the next post.
MemberMay 28, 2020 at 12:52 pm
I’m currently playing PLO50. started with PLO50 at the start of May and was crushing it up to the last few days.
Was very close to reaching a bankroll to play PLO100 and was very excited about it.
However, my studying was lacking and I was playing to much. that & a few mentality issues were the reason I lost almost half of my earnings this month in a few days and now I think I’ll reach PLO100 only by the end of June if I play my cards right (and by that I mean get my s*** together and start with good habits and proper study/play ratio)
My goal is to reach PLO500 & make a living from poker by the end of 2020. I know it is very reasonable based on my progress so far & how I can improve if I study properly.
Habits I want to adopt:
1) having a consistent 9am-12pm schedule. 12pm-1am is time to be in bed reading before going to sleep. in that time I want to reflect on my progress in a Journal, plan the next day in my Bullet Journal & read a book – at the moment the book is an academic course on Game Theory.
2) Workout & build up physical strength & health (most important is the health part)
3) On weekdays – play only after 6pm, before that its time to study!
Next post will be on how I plan to study
MemberMay 28, 2020 at 1:09 pm
Sorry to hear about your loss at the tables, hopefully you can bounce back from it and become a better and stronger player once you are through it :).
Keep us updated on your progress!
Best of luck with the habits.
MemberMay 28, 2020 at 1:20 pm
My main study routines:
1) Preflop – using the PLO Trainer I want to improve my ranges in all positions. At the moment I’m thinking of working on a different position each day (EP, then MP, then CO …). sometimes it will be working on the rfi, sometimes BTNvsSB 3b for example. After doing the preflop routine I will work on postflop in the same spotץ
2) Postflop – I’m creating Evernote notebooks on every spot that looks something like the attached pictures.
Hopefully writing those logs help me study better, create a DB I can go over later and also have the spots ready for training in PLO Trainer.
Additional study routines:
1) working on my note taking in 2 table sessions
2) working on note taking while observing the games and not playing
3) going over the 10 week transformation again
4) going over hand histories in the forum on a daily basis & basing some of my study sessions on interesting spots that raise questions.
5) choose a regular & study his game. It’s easy to beat the recs, I want to improve my game against the regs.
This is my final post for today & my goal is to add a post every Thursday/Friday & log my progress
MemberMay 29, 2020 at 12:54 pm
Fresh start indeed Ophir,
Let’s get things back on track!
Best thing is that you realised what you have been doing and now you’re taking the right action.
Let’s get back on the path to reaching that goal of playing PLO500.
Best of luck and let’s crush it!